Friday, June 10, 2011

2010 Archive, Poetry, But Then (from 2007)

But Then.

Once upon a time, I wrote...
And the words slipping out of my silver pen
Ran over the page, like sun-dried leaves
Floating down the stream. But then... But then...

Once upon a time, I danced...
With the grace moving into my feet and hands
Giving birth to love, like drum-beat notes
Keeping time in my heart. But then... But then...

Once upon a time, I laughed...
And the joy teasing out of my friends in fun
Poured into our hearts, like half-filled cups
Wanting a refill. But then... But then...

Once upon a time, I cried...
And the tears flowing out of my eyes, for them
Rained into my life, like tear-drop’t pain
Running down my face. But then... But then...

Once upon a time, I lived...
But then...

No comments:

Post a Comment