Friday, June 15, 2012

Poetry, Oh Alice, said alice, to Alice the Queen

(A conversation between alice, the niece, and Alice of Underland, a queen.)

Oh Alice, said alice, to Alice the Queen,
Please tell me the tale of an Underland scene.
Just read me a story of bloody, red gore.
I can't bear to hear about fairies no more.
Please read me the book of the Red Queen's demise,
And tell me again, about Hatter's green eyes.
And when we have finished your book with the cat,
Please take me to Underland, travelled by hat.

Said Alice to alice, Perhaps when you're six,
I'll smuggle you there on a bundle of sticks.
Then maybe you'll shrink to the size of a toad,
And hide in a hat by the side of the road;
Or grow to be taller than tall as can be.
You'll maybe be taller than even a tree.
However you manage to somehow arrive,
You have to be careful to even survive.

Oh Alice, said alice, to Alice the Queen,
I think you are hiding the things you have seen.
It isn't quite fair you can go take a hike
To Underland's castle whenever you like.
It can't be as bad as you make it to be,
You went there when you were no older than me.
I want to see battles with rivers of blood.
I mean, if you will, I'll be ever so good.

Said Alice to alice. My favorite niece,
I know what you want and it isn't just peace.
You bloodthirsty hellion, life cannot be
All slashing and slaying, sometimes it's just tea.
Sometimes it is boring, for weeks upon years.
And sometimes it's painful and brimming with tears.
But if you can patiently wait, with no tricks,
I'll take you to Wonderland when you are six.

No comments:

Post a Comment